Friday, May 16, 2014

High Five for Friday (link up)

Since I have been a fan of The Lauren Elizabeth, and her High Five for Friday link-ups, I figured I would attempt to join in! I have found many a good blog through that link-up, and hope that it will gain some exposure for my blog as well. The purpose of this is to list reasons I am excited that it is Friday, a highlight reel of the week if you will. So let's get to it!

1. First and foremost, I am officially on summer break! I am a preschool teacher with a Head Start program in Mid-Michigan! This means lots of catching up on my reading-- keep up with me on goodreads! and starting this here blog! Also on my summer agenda: a trip to Cedar Point, a two week Florida adventure, my bachelorette party and lots of trips to the great up north!

2. I have officially owned this orchid for 1 week and it is still alive. I have a habit of unintentionally killing plants, and when this beauty was gifted to me by a parent of one of my students -- I was sad to know that it was facing an untimely death. One week in though...still doing good!
3. This past Sunday was Mothers Day, and I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to spend the day with both my Mom and my Grandma. It was a spectacular sunny day filled with lots of good food, laughter and more good food. I am thankful everyday for those two, and for my future mom-in-law!

4. Along with all the good, there is always a little bit of uck. I appear to have caught a chest cold, and have been sucking on cough drops and hacking up a lung for a day or two now. So hopefully this weekend I will get rid of it! Here's hoping.
  




5.  So while its been mainly a dreary, rainy week -- we did have a day of sunshine mixed in there. Porkchop (the cat) was spotted soaking up some rays. What's not love about this lady-like pose? Silly kitty.


No comments:

Post a Comment