Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 2014 Birchbox Review

Every month I receive something called a Birchbox, and it is literally like Christmas once a month. I will add a link down below, so if you want to take a look at the website yourself. I know there are a lot of monthly beauty box subscriptions out there, and I have only tried two: birchbox and ipsy. i prefer birchbox because of the points system. for every 100 points you earn, you equals to $10 that you can spend in the birchbox shop (which has a wiiiiiiiiide selection of lifestyle and beauty products). for every $1 you spend, you earn that many points. if you review every product that you receive in your box each month, you automatically will earn 50-60 points a month. it's a bargain at only $10/month! i seriously love it.

These are my May 2014 products, below are descriptions of each product along with my initial opinion.

1. The first product is a caldrea body lotion in the scent coconut fig leaf. According to birchbox, it is full of good-for-you ingredients. I personally dislike lotions in packets like these, is it just me or is it difficult to use? Plus, I like to smell all my products right away and I can't smell it without opening it -- and then we all know its going to leak all over everything. I imagine a coconut fig leaf will smell good, nice and summery...but I can't verify either way until I go to use it. This lotion comes in the other scents of: aloe water apricot and tea olive lime.
A full size 8oz bottle on birchbox.com is $22-- Caldrea Body Lotion//Coconut Fig Leaf

2. Second product is a mouthful -- Supergoop! Everyday SPF 30 with Cellular Response Technology. This product boasts a lightweight cream that is water-resistant and provides SPF 30. I am a super fair skinned gal, and protecting my skin is super important to me. I put a small amount on my hand and the texture is super creamy and it rubs in super easily leaving no oily residue behind.
A full size 18oz pump bottle on birchbox is $48 -- Supergoop! Everyday SPF 30 with Cellular Response Technology // currently out of stock

3. Next up is the caldrea body wash in the scent aloe water apricot. This product promises to cleanse, hydrate and soften your skin. it has a super fresh scent, with a bit of musky undertones (which i don't love). the consistency is nice, it's not too think and you can tell it will leave you feeling so fresh and so clean clean. This body wash also comes in other scents: tea olive lime and coconut fig leaf.
A full size 11.5oz bottle on birchbox is $18 -- Caldrea Body Wash // Aloe Water Apricot

4. Marcelle New-Age 8 in 1 Power Serum is an anti-aging gel that apparently hydrates, firms, lifts and plumps fine lines. This, I believe, is to be used in conjunction with your daily moisturizing routine. The texture is definitely a gel, but not sticky. I have not used it on my face yet, but it rubbed into my hand easily and did not leave behind any shine. Included with this in my birchbox was a Marcelle bonus offer, if I purchase a Marcelle product I get a free lux gloss cream in bellissima!
A full size 1oz bottle on birchbox is $34 -- Marcelle New-Age 8 in 1 Power Serum

5. Pixi shea butter lip balm hydrates with shea butter with giving a boost of color, the sample i received was in the color pixi pink. when i swatched it on my wrist, the color was very true to the packaging but super layer-able. it has a sheer finish but if you want some serious color just add some more layers on there. i haven't worn this all day yet, so i don't know how it holds up. this product also comes in these self-explainable colors: comfort clear, coral crush, honey nectar and ripe raspberry.
a full size on birchbox is $8 -- Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm // Pixi Pink

6. The "lifestyle extra" in this months box was a Votivo Travel Candle is the scent Azure Garden. This candle smells like the outside...think grass, berries and flowers. It's very natural smelling, and perfect for summer time. This is a called a travel candle, and while candles are not a necessity for me while travelling -- maybe its a thing? The packaging is adorable, a nice little tin that seems very durable and practical. These candles also come in the scents Champaca which smells like sandalwood and champaca petals, Crisp Clean which is reminiscent of fresh clean linen, Pink Mimosa which is a tropical-inspired scent and Red Currant which mixes red currants with vanilla bean and raspberry.
A full size on birchbox is $12 -- Votivo Travel Candle // Azure Garden

So that is it, my May 2014 Birchbox and the goodies that lie within! Feel free to check it out yourself and sign up at Birchbox.com



disclosure: birchbox has no idea who i am. i just love their products and their service and wanted to share it with you. all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment