Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Beauty | Empties #6


Two empty product posts in September?! What is happening? I am gathering empties like you wouldn't believe, so don't worry - more will be in October.


I love the Tea Tree line from The Body Shop, but this product missed the mark for me. I was hoping for a primer that would help my makeup last longer AND help treat breakouts. But what I got was a slippery, greasy primer that my makeup just slid off of. Pretty bummed, but will still use the other Tea Tree products that I love.

 I just got this in my September Birchbox and have already used it all up. I am not sure if it helped my breakouts but it made my skin feel silky smooth while I was washing with it. The scent is nice and clean, not medicinal like some cleansers can be. It doesn't really foam up or anything, but you can still tell it cleaned your face. I think I am going to save up some points and purchase this full size to see what some constant cleansing with it will do. I got two uses out of this tiny little sample size, so it's not a great indicator of long term use.

I have used this in the past and like that it comes with a little scrublet. I'm not a complete believer, because while this product definitely gets my skin clean - I'm still not in love with it. I don't really know why. It's like, I should love it, but I don't. It's just not meant to be I guess.

If you take ONE thing away from this post, make it be this - I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Seriously obsessed with it. If you have never used a cleansing oil before, it's super odd. But it breaks up your makeup, including eye and lip makeup, like you wouldn't believe. Then you just rinse it off. Some people stop there, but I usually still wash my face after with a different cleanser just because my skin is a mess right now. But this stuff smells great, doesn't leave a residue and if you have oily skin it doesn't make it worse even though you think it might because, well, OIL. Buy the sample size at Sephora the next time you go and you won't be sorry.

Love this scent, and this body wash got me clean and smelling good. It's a bit too heavy for me, I got a few breakouts across my chest though. But it works and this is one of my favorite scents from BBW.

Another primer tried with the end goal being that my makeup would stay put on my face while treating my acne issues. This one was better than Tea Tree one but still not a repurchase unfortunately. I am still on the search, so any suggestions are welcome please!

I did a whole blog post about this shampoo previously, so I don't have much to add other than my hair never stopped falling out. Luckily, I have plenty of hair to go around so it's not a huge deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment