Monday, September 28, 2015

Book Review | Blueprints by Barbara Delinsky










 23245586

I have read some of Delinsky's book before and they aren't normally the type of book I go for. A little bit more in the romance novel category than my general preference. But every once in awhile, you just want to be entertained without deep thought. So when I saw her latest book sitting on the new release shelf in the library, I decided to give it a whirl.

Plot
Caroline and Jamie McAfee are a mother-daughter duo who are best friends and coworkers. They're the team that fronts popular home renovation show Gut It! Things are great, until the network tells Caroline that they are going to replace her as host with her daughter, Jamie.  Naturally, Caroline is upset and Jamie is unsettled by the entire situation. This sets off a whole host of devastation in their lives and suddenly Jamie is dealing with a toddler who misses his parents and a fiance who wants nothing to do with the child. 
My Thoughts
I really liked the story this book told. I did at times feel like Caroline and Jamie were a tiny bit unrealistic in their actions, but then again people be crazy, am I right? There is maybe one kind of unexpected twist in the story, but the rest of it is fairly predictable. Don't get me wrong, I really liked it and predictable can be good, definitely can be enjoyable and is obviously dependable. I actually gave this book 4 stars because I think it gives a little more oomph in the story than Delinsky usually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment