Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Beauty | September 2015 Birchbox

So the theme for September is Better Together. It is meant to celebrate the customers of Birchbox and remind us that we are the reason this whole crazy thing is even happening. If you want to know more about Birchbox, visit their website here or check out my blog post that tells a bit more information about it here.

Onto the products! When I open my box and get my first glimpse of what I am trying this month is always my favorite part!

So let's talk about these products.

 

Full size of this lipstick trio is $20. I only received one lipstick and I got the color Smitten which is a deep cranberry red. I really liked it on a lot more than I liked it in the package.  My only complaint is that the lipstick was broken in half, so I smushed it together for this photo. But Birchbox Customer Service is amazing, and I am sure they will help me out (they gave me 100 points which = $10). Back to the product: the other two colors in the trio are Kitty, which is a soft pink and Stiletto which is a brighter, richer red. This lipstick is super hydrating and smooth, I'm a big fan.

Full size is $55. This perfume has notes of lemon, lilies, jasmine and vanilla. All I smell are the floral scents, they are quite overpowering. Personally, I am not a fan of floral perfumes so I am not a huge fan of this particular perfume. If you like floral scents, I recommend giving this one a try.

Full size is $25. This eye cream reduces the appearance of lines and dark circles underneath your eyes and works as an instant pick me up. It's super creamy, and doesn't really have any discernible smell. I haven't used it enough to know if it really does reduce circles or lines, but it is hydrating and absorbs into the skin quickly.

Full size $35. dr. brandt is an awesome brand that I am familiar with, so I was excited to get this sample. Plus, my skin has AWFUL and I need to find a cleanser that will help. This is a best-seller and minimizes pores and leaves skin clean, fresh and velvety smooth. That sounds amazing and if it helps clear up my skin I am going to repurchase! It smells pretty great too.
Full size is $25. This spray gives volume and smooths your hair for a sleek and bouncy hairdo. You spray this on your damp hair before you blow dry. I honestly can't remember the last time I blow dried my hair...so I'm not sure that I will be using this anytime soon. Kind of a bummer because there are other amika products that I would have wanted to try over this one.

Well there you have it, my September Birchbox! Did we get any of the same samples? Did I get something that you wish you had gotten?










No comments:

Post a Comment