Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Beauty | February 2015 Birchbox Review




The theme of February's Birchbox was Friendship. This box is geared towards celebrating the people who keep us up and calm us down. I'm not entirely sure how it does that, but the box itself was really fun. Kind of an orangey-red color with purple on it.

 


I was able to choose a product this month, and I went with the eye make up remover because, honestly, I am just about out. Plus it's a decent size sample. So let's see what Birchbox sent me this month!


Full size $15
 

I never had sensitive eyes until I hit 30. Now, they are always aching and sore and feeling dry or strained. Such a mess. This product is half oil and half water so it easily takes away even the most stubborn makeup. It says that it is good for contact lens wearers (which I am one, so that is awesome). It also has green tea extract to calm the delicate skin around the eyes and cucumber extract to ease puffy eyes and minimize the appearance of dark circles. This all sounds grand to me, can't wait to give it a whirl.
 
Full size $18
 
 
I have seen this product around, I am a huge Benefit fan. This is a dual purpose balm that can be used on your face and/or your lips. It has a creamy formula that is hydrating and the color is quite sheer so it is very buildable to a poppy-pink color. They say this color looks good on everyone, so we shall see.
 
 
Full size $14



 
I love receiving hair treatments in my Birchbox. It's one of those things that I really like the opportunity to try it out first before I commit and make the purchase. This is a heavy-duty deep conditioning treatment for CURLY HAIR. I DO NOT have curly hair. Not even a little bit. This treatment is supposed to nourish your curls to make the soft and bouncy and easy to manage. Well, I will still use it and see if at least hydrates my hair. My hair is a frizzy dry mess right now since it's been so cold here. You just work this into your damp, clean hair and let it sit for at least 30 minutes and then rinse it out. This is first time I have ever received something in my box that is not relevant to me. I'm a little bummed, but I'm sure this treatment will work for straight haired folk as well.
 
Full size $11

 
I am pretty sure I got this in the shade, Bhura, which is just a brown shade. This eyeliner apparently is very blendable, it comes in bright colors and it has a non-irritating formula. It's a soft wax formula that is long-lasting. I am not huge into eyeliner, I prefer to line my eyes with some of my more playful colored eyeshadows if I am going to go that route. But I will hold onto this for awhile and see if I use it. I am interested in the formula and seeing how it goes on and if it really is long-lasting.

Full size $15

I received a sample of BeeKind's lotion once a long time ago, and I remembered how much I loved the smell of it. So I was excited to see that I got their shampoo. This gentle shampoo is made of moisturizing honey extract, organic red clover and is scented with lemon-verbena which is my FAVORITE. Plus the packaging is recyclable and a portion of all proceeds go to help support honeybee research. I am so excited to try this, and the sample packaging is neat too.

I think this is the first box ever that I wasn't 100% happy with. That being said, I will still use everything in it with the exception of the eyeliner. If you're interested in signing up for Birchbox click on this link to sign on up!



No comments:

Post a Comment