Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Beauty | What's In My Makeup Bag | Part Two

The outside of my makeup bag

Part two of What's In My Makeup Bag is here. This portion will include the mascara, cream eyeshadow and pencils that are in my bag. If you want to read about my other eyeshadows that are in currently on rotation, check it out here.


(L-R) Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara, Borghese Superiore State-of-the-Art Mascara, Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express and Wet 'n Wild Mega Protein Mascara

Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara
In case it's not obvious, this is a sample size. I have this mascara in black, and it works well. No clumping, or fall off which is always good. It is a bit pricey though, at $25/tube. I don't really see why spending that much on a mascara is necessary, personally. I love the square packaging but the wand is a bit too short for my liking.

I am not sure what is so superior and state of the art about this mascara, it seems to be like most mascara. Once again, this is another sample and is in the color Superiore Black. This mascara retails at $19.50. I like the wand on this product, it's nice and long. The color is good, it lasts a long time on the lashes; but once again I wouldn't pay that price for an "alright' mascara. I want to be amazed, and I'm not. I enjoy using it, but it's nothing that remarkable.

I own this mascara in glam black and I think it cost me about $7. I love this mascara. This is my second tube of it, and I expect I will keep going back. The wand is great, it coats every lash and volumizes it. I have pretty long, thick lashes but they look so good with this mascara. It lasts all day, even with rubbing my eyes (which I do, I know, bad habit). I highly recommend this mascara.

This mascara is supposed to nourish your lashes so that they grow, and I have not noticed a difference in that regard. I like to use this mascara on a minimal makeup day, because it really separates the lashes. It costs about $7 and I don't think I would repurchase. I'm about done with it anyway.


(L-R) Laura Geller Cool Lids Cream Eyeshadow, Eyeko Fat Eyestick and Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal

This is a sample that I got from Birchbox, it's in the shade Silver Sands. The pigmentation is great, and it applies very smoothly. This cream shadow costs $19 and comes in a variety of colors. 

This is another sample from Birchbox, but is more a deluxe sample. It's in the color Satin, which is a shimmering taupe color and is beautiful. This was my first eyeshadow crayon, and I really like the way it applies. This product costs $15 on Birchbox, in a trio.

This is my absolute favorite cream shadow. I use this nearly every day as a base all over my eyelid and it acts as a primer almost. The shade is Barely Branded, and it's a beautiful, shimmery neutral shade. The formula of this shadow is on point, and is a definite repurchase at around $8 a pot.






(L-R) Cynthia Rowley Pencil Eyeliner, e.l.f. Essentials Shimmer Eyeliner, Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner, Chella Highlighter Pencil and Ofra Absolute Brow Pencil

Cynthia Rowley Pencil Eyeliner
This eyeliner is in the shade charcoal, but it comes in about 8 different colors. It applies SO SMOOTH, it almost feels liquid instead of a pencil. The color is super thick and it lasts all day. This eyeliner costs $16.

e.l.f. Essentials Shimmer Eyeliner
This eyeliner is in Black Bandit, and once again it's e.l.f. so it's super cheap but it doesn't apply like a cheap pencil eyeliner. It has a little bit of shimmer to it, but nothing overpowering. It's certainly not the best eyeliner on the market, but for a buck you really can't go wrong.

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner
I have this eyeliner in espresso which is a matte medium brown shade, and this is by far worth the $20 it costs. First, it really doesn't smudge and it applies super smooth without any tugging. You don't need a sharpener as it has a turn dispenser. They sell this eyeliner in about 20 plus different shades, so there is definitely something for everyone.


Chella Highlighter Pencil
Now this pencil can be used on the eyes OR on your face. It conceals, contours, shapes, lines and defines. I use it mainly on my waterline to brighten up my eyes a bit, but it is definitely a multipurpose item and costs $18. I have the shade Ivory Lace and the only issue I have with it is it's a jumbo size so you need a jumbo sharpener to keep it usable.

Ofra Absolute Brow Pencil
I rarely do much with my eyebrows, but when I do this is the pencil I use to fill them in and shape them. It apparently only comes in this shade, which happens to work out for me as it's a match but I don't think it would match everyone so that is kind of strange. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it's easy to use and I don't seem to mess it up too bad. It costs $13.


















No comments:

Post a Comment