Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Beauty | Eyeshadow Round-Up

I am by no means a beauty expert, but I like to play around with makeup and I have gathered quite a collection of eyeshadow palettes, duos and trios. These are some of my favorite of the bunch, but are by no means all of what I own. If you're interested in hearing about all of the eyeshadow I have, leave a comment and let me know and I will write that up! 


1. First up, is the It's Judy Time Palette (Sold Out). It is no longer being made and sold, unfortunately.



I love this palette because of the variety of colors, but most of them are neutrals with a good mix of matte and shimmer. I use the brighter colors as eyeliner on my upper lashes, because I don't really like to wear bright colors all over my lids. It really makes the eyes pop. The texture of the shadows are super creamy, and they are long lasting for sure. 



 This palette consists of 12 colors, 9 of them being more neutral/brown shades and then a lilac shimmery color, a light blue-ish color and a darker blue. There is also a nice highlight shade included as well. I really do enjoy this palette, a great variety for day and night.

2. Naturally, next up is the Naked 2 Basics palette.



This is kind of a fan favorite throughout the land of beauty. This is my first Naked palette, and honestly it really is great. As can be expected, the texture is like satin; smooth, rich in color and lots of staying power. This palette contains 6 colors, all matte.



(From left to right in above picture)
- Skimp is a pale nude satin shade, great for under the brow bone, in the creases of your eye or as a highlight.
- Stark is a nude-pink shade
- Frisk is a warm grey shade, and probably my most used color in the set.
- Cover is a muted red-brown shade.
- Primal is a muted brown color, and my second most used one.
- Undone is a deep, smoky brown. Great for in the crease, or as an eyeliner. 

3.  The first trio of the group is the Almay intense i-color shimmer i-kit for the eye color blue, since I have blue eyes. They make them for all eye colors though, but a lot of the options for blue eyes were a bit brighter then I really wanted, so I went with this trio and I love it!



I wear it just as it is in the packaging, it really is foolproof. I wear the bottom all over my lid, the middle color in the crease and the top color under my brow bone and in the corner of my eye.


 
The last two shades in this trio tend to be a bit darker than I prefer for a daytime look, so I use these mainly for nights out or as an eyeliner. The first shade (left to right) is a beautiful pink shimmer color, the mid color is a bronze and the last is a dark bronze. They really are fantastic, and the price is incredibly reasonable.



So there you have it, my top 4 eyeshadow palette's and trios! What are you favorites?



No comments:

Post a Comment