Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Beauty | January 2015 Birchbox


The theme of this month's box was Let's Do This! I feel like it was the box with the most expensive items I have had. When I looked at the full size prices, I was floored. Even if I absolutely adore one of these items, I doubt I could stomach purchasing any of the full size products unless I used Birchbox points.

This box also had 7 products, which is the most I have ever received in a box. So, it seems like Birchbox is stepping it up in 2015! 





Full size $41

This hair oil is very lightweight, and helps to tame frizz and even strengthen your hair over time. I have A LOT of hair, so I an anxious to try this and see how it works with my tangled, frizzy locks. The sample size looks like I might get two uses out of it, so that is disappointing. Plus, I hate samples that come in the little packets. They are hard to store once you have opened it, it's almost like you're only supposed to use it once...so then what is the point? I am NOT going to purchase a $41 hair oil from a one use sample. Not happening.

Full size $32

This conditioner boasts a faster drying time and protection from the elements. As long as it doesn't weigh my hair down and it hydrates it enough to calm the static that is the winter in Michigan -- I'm game. But again, it came in a packet. So we'll see. 

Full size $29

This lip rouge is a velvety texture with a matte finish, it says no lip liner is necessary as it is a stain so it should stay put. This color is a bit bright for me, perhaps if I went out for the night it would be something I would throw on, but just for work and day to day life -- it's not really my scene. But it applies beautifully, the color pay off is fantastic and it really does last. It's not something I would purchase, because of the cost (ridiculous) unless I was using points. BUT the sample size is quite hefty and since I won't be wearing it daily it will definitely last for awhile.

Full size $45

This is a mattifying cream that evens tone, blocks UV rays and protects skin from pollutants. You just smooth it over your face, neck and chest and you can wear it alone or with makeup. I haven't actually used it yet, it's definitely something I will wear come summertime when I am outside in the UV rays a bit more. I swatched it and the color seems to be a good match, it blends very well but the sample they gave is quite small so I don't see getting more than 2 uses out of it unfortunately.  

Full size $22

This is an exfoliating body wash that is infused with the best-selling Harvey Prince Hello scent of citrus and floral. I do love this scent, for sure. It exfoliates very gently, which is a must with my sensitive, pale skin. I am always on the lookout for gentle body scrubs, but have never found any that I consider a must-have. So we will see how this works out!

Full size $19

This lotion is lightweight and helps to heal dry skin and energize with the rosemary and mint scent. It is paraben and petrol free, so no clogging pores with this lotion and it does not leave a greasy residue. I LOVE this fresh minty scent. Seriously. It also helps relieve nasal congestion because of the minty, kind of medicinal smell. I realize that may not be everyone's cup of tea but I adore it. Especially in the winter months. A potential repurchase for sure. 

Full size $26

This shampoo is a beautifying cleanser that helps boost healthy hair by providing shine, volume and texture. I love that they sent a decent size sample, I will for sure get about 5 or more uses out of this. But I won't be able to use it with the conditioner, and that is annoying. The smell is great, very fresh and clean. 

Thanks Birchbox! Can't wait for February's box!

No comments:

Post a Comment