Friday, January 30, 2015

Five Things Friday




5 things I did:

1. Participated in the national book foundation's Readathon from 12-4 on Saturday. I managed to read one books in that time.

2. I cleaned my makeup brushes. I try to do this every Sunday, but sometimes I fail and sometimes I didn't wear any makeup really so they aren't dirty. If you're interested, these brushes are from bh cosmetics and are super colorful and come in a nice snap closure stand. I absolutely love them.



3. I went to the doctor on Monday because I had a persistent sore throat since Thursday and exposure to strep throat. A rapid strep test was done and came back negative, so that's a plus. Now, to just get rid of this sore throat...



4. We went for a nice, crisp and cold walk around the neighborhood one night. It was chilly, but it was nice to get out and breathe in some fresh air.

5. We had a "snow" day yesterday. It was actually because of ice, but I woke up feeling pretty rough so it was a nice surprise.

5 things I ate:

1. I got a drink from Dunkin' on Saturday morning, because we had coupons to use up. It was kind of syrupy and sweet, with just one flavor shot of french vanilla. It was caffeinated and hot though, so what more do you really need?


2. Lasagna soup, I tried making the recipe I had in the crockpot and it didn't really work out the way I wanted. I will have to mess around with it.

3. I ate at Halo Burger and I don't regret it.



4. We had slow cooker pork chops! The recipe should be up next week, as my first installment of recipes. It is literally the easiest recipe in the world, and one we have been using for years. Seriously, years.

5. Due to feeling sick, I haven't had much of an appetite. But popcorn is always delicious and always a good choice.

5 things I read:

I thought this book would be just a usual little "chick lit" feel good story about a woman who makes chocolate. Instead I got an intense story about an abused woman and her attempt to free herself. I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads.

2. Funny parent tweets
This had be lol-ing for sure. Kids are so funny and parents who can just laugh and be real about it make it even better. I hope to be a parent like that someday.

Eh, this book was weird. Like it's totally normal to have both parties in a marriage conduct affairs on a cruise ship down a river in China? I don't think so. I do want to learn more about the three gorges though. I have this book 1 star on Goodreads.

4. What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
 I really enjoyed this book. I had read mixed reviews on it, but while reading it I didn't want to put it down because I wanted to know what happened next. In my world, that is the making of a good book. I gave this book 3 stars on Goodreads, and the only reason I gave it 3 instead of 4 is because I felt the ending was rushed and would have liked to have read more about HOW those things happened (vaguebook I know, but I don't do spoilers.)

5. Wandering dog in Grand Rapids, MI area

This dog looks like a newfie!! Poor buddy, I hope he is okay and that he finds a nice warm, loving home. 

I am going to be continuing linking with Fitting It All In and her Five Things Friday. I am also going to be rejoining the High Five for Friday link up over at Coffee with Caitlin, Cup of Tea, Bright on a budget and Della Devoted.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahha I love Halo Burger. You shouldn't regret that decision at all.

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Dunkin. I was just talking about that today, I need to go! I feel like a makeup brush failure. I use 2-3 a day and that's about it. I also seem to always forget to clean them :/ yikes.

    Thanks for linking up for H54F! Hope to have you back this week :)

    Caitlin @ Coffee with Caitlin
    coffeewithcaitlin.com

    ReplyDelete