Friday, January 16, 2015

Five Things Friday

Here you have it, my five things Friday! Hope everyone had a great week and has an even better weekend! See you on Monday! Or, better yet, keep up with me on social media! @estherlaurien on Instagram & Twitter!


5 Things I did

1. We got snow. Because of said snow, we had a snow day last Friday. There was a very bad accident about an hour or so away from here, it involved a 150 car pileup and a truck carrying fireworks. There was a fatality. My thoughts are with all those who were involved and with their families.

 

2. My mom had foot surgery last Tuesday, so on Sunday I went out to see them. As it ended up, my Dad got sick the night before and my Grandparents came over with tons of food for them. So I went on fridge duty for them, and left with some yummy food for myself too. Hope they get better soon, silly parents.

3. So this is Shiloh. She was my 16th birthday present (I am now 30). She is a verrrry old girl who doesn't usually like to snuggle. When I was at my parents house, she randomly decided she wanted to snuggle. It was adorable and glorious and my mom snapped this cute picture of her.


4. I took 10,500 steps one day this week!! I know this because for Christmas I received a Jawbone UP24.

5. I caught up on Parenthood; my husband doesn't really like it (too soap opera-y for him) and he was out of town so I caught up on it one night. It was gloriously guilty and delightful.


5 things I ate

1. A delicious bowl of Cream of Wheat on a snowy winter morning is just absolute perfection. Truly.

 

2. I had some leftover frozen blueberries; so I threw those along with some spinach and milk into the blender. Pretty yummy.



3. Monkey Bread!


4. I have a guilty pleasure in eating frozen lasagna. I mean, I heat it up first, then eat it. My husband does not understand this, and has no desire to partake in it. So that means when he is out of town, I eat it and I enjoy every guilty morsel. He calls it a Lasagna Brick. So that is what I ate; a lasagna brick. Delicious.

5.Swedish Fish. That's all that needs to be said about that, am I right?

5 things I read

This is an adorable little article about this corgi who went to Disney and got pictures taken with the characters. Trust me, it will make you smile.

This book was well written, but kind of confusing because it is told in the voices of like 10 different characters. So that is kind of annoying, but I do understand the importance of the different voices to the plot but still...I had a  hard time keeping up with each switch.

3. Literally made me LOL

4.  The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
Loved, loved, loved this book. I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads in fact. Historical Fiction is often hard for me to get into, but this story just sucked me in for days. Let me know if you want a full review on this book!

5.  Every month from my library I get a free copy of BookPage and I thumb through it very slowly and deliberately to decide what books to add to my Goodreads. It's a book nerds heaven for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment