Friday, January 23, 2015

Five Things Friday

I am going to be linking up to different blogs with my Friday posts, I am going to be continuing linking with Fitting It All In and her Five Things Friday. I am also going to be rejoining the High Five for Friday link up over at Coffee with Caitlin, Cup of Tea, Bright on a budget and Della Devoted.


 5 things I did:

1. Opened a joint checking with my husband!

2.  We did not have school on Monday due to MLK Jr day. It's great to have that day off to celebrate and reflect.

3. I bought a new car in August, and I took it in for it's first "check up"! It got it's 5000 mile tire rotation. I never once took my old car in for a tire rotation, so we're already off to a better start with this one!

4. I am participating in a Readathon tomorrow, for the National Book Foundation INC. If you are interested in learning more, or donating, click here! It's for a great cause,and I am really looking forward to having a set time to just read. 




5. I went to Sephora. I only bought 3 things, so not really haul worthy, but if any of those items end up being favorites I will write a post about it.

5 things I ate:

1. Sausage and Tortellini. It was absolute perfection and very easy. If you want an actual recipe, let me know!


2. I made another smoothie, this time I made it with: 1 cup of blueberries, 1 peeled clementine, 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1 cup milk. SO GOOD! Can't wait to experiment more and see what I can come up with!

3. Yes, we had Pad Thai again. I know, shameful.



4. I made Italian Bean & Sausage, which is a staple dish in our home. I am contemplating adding a weekly recipe post to the mix, let me know what you think!



\5. We bought a 4 lb container of animal crackers from Sam's Club. I don't know why, but I will definitely be eating those for awhile. That is a lot of animal crackers!

5 things I read:

1. Reunion by Hannah Pittard
A very quick and enjoyable read. Touches on sibling issues, issues with parents and dealing with "growing up".

2. Top 27 Places in the U.S. Foreigners want to visit

3. Bird in hand by Christina Baker Kline
This book was another quick read, it was entertaining enough but quite depressing. It kind of felt forced to wrap up at the end, and the timing just didn't feel natural to me. I really enjoy this author though, so I will continue to read books by her.

4. A fifty year silence: Love, War and a Ruined House in France by Miranda Richmond Mouillot
Full review on this book coming on Monday, so stay tuned!

5. I have been loving Human of New York this week, in particular this story about schools and teachers. It's great to be reminded.

3 comments:

  1. I bought a new car in July. I just took mine in for a tire rotation and oil change too. First time I've ever taken a car in for a tire rotation too. Whoops. I got a ford, which the new ones are every 7500 miles instead of 5000. I'm made a vow to keep on top of all maintenance things this time!

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a Toyota Corolla and you don't have to get your first oil change until 10,000 miles which is crazy to me. I guess it's cause the oil is all synthetic or something. I vow to stay on top of mine too! This car needs to last for a looooong time!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh pad thai is one of my faves! I could seriously eat it like 4-5 times a week and not be mad.

    Thanks for linking up for H54F! Hope to see you again next week :)

    Caitlin @ Coffee with Caitlin
    coffeewithcaitlin.com

    ReplyDelete