Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Face Mask Round-Up


I love a good face mask, but I have a tight budget. Here are the 5 face masks that are currently in my rotation.

I use this one at least once a week, it's really good for making my skin feel fresh and renewed. It apparently is supposed to help reduce wrinkles, I don't have a ton of wrinkles due to a complete avoidance of sun so I cannot comment on the the reduction or not. It dries fairly quickly, comes off nicely and my skin feels good afterwards.

This is my least favorite of the masks I currently have. It's sticky, takes forever to dry and then the peeling off part is a pain. Now, it's like under $5 so it's incredibly budget friendly, but I don't really feel like it does anything. My skin is always red afterwards from my picking at the mask, attempting to peel it off in chunks. Now that I writing this, why do I even still have this?

 This is an all-time favorite, but for whatever reason I can only link to the single-use packets on The Body Shop website. This mask clears my skin up in a wink, my skin feels brand spanking new after using this and nice and hydrated. I can't say enough great things about this mask. Plus, it's green so we call it The Hulk Mask.

 I got this in my December Birchbox, and only just used it last Sunday. It went on nice and smooth, dried up quickly and came off nicely. My skin was kind of breaking out during this time, and it did seem to soothe some of the angry redness that was um, all over. It didn't dry out my skin or have any negative side effects, but it's rather pricey (I feel) so I'm not sure I would actually ever purchase it outside of Birchbox.

Another The Body Shop favorite that I can only link to the single use packets (so weird). This seaweed mask leaves my skin void of all impurities and clogged pores. This is another staple in my rotation, that I like to use in the summer months especially when my skin just feels...plugged up. Gross.

So there you have it, those are the face masks currently in my drawer. I do a face mask once a week (usually on Sunday) and which one I use depends on the state of my skin that particular week. Since it's winter here, I have been leaning towards more hydrating masks to try and bring some moisture back into my skin.

What are some of your favorite face masks, that are budget-friendly? 

No comments:

Post a Comment