Friday, January 9, 2015

Five Things Friday

I like doing a nice recap on Friday's, it's a nice way to condense a week into one blog post without overwhelming (or most likely, boring) everyone.

5 things I did:

1. I attended my cousin's basketball game on Saturday. They apparently are not very good, and the team they were playing against apparently was quite good, but they only lost by like 4 points. It was a nail biter to the very end, I really thought they were going to pull it off!

2. The temperatures have been in the single digits, with wind chills in the negatives. So naturally, the heat at work went out. Staff showed up at work Monday to a very icy building. Kids got to stay home for an extra two days, and staff bundled up and tried to get ahead of the chaos that is being a teacher!




3. We went for a delightfully snowy (and brisk!) walk around our neighborhood on Tuesday night, we both love the snow and it was great to get out in it even if it was only for a few minutes. The temperatures and windchill are quite cold this week, so we didn't wander around for too long!

4. Monday night we watched Galavant, which we had TIVOed from the night before. I was dying from laughter, so I'm rather excited for the rest of it! I love musicals and I love comedy so this is pretty much a perfect matching in my mind.

5. We went grocery shopping last night. Sometimes I really really really really enjoy grocery shopping. It is so satisfying to have the ability to fill up our fridge and our cupboards. We are blessed.


5 things I ate:

1. I have had a hankering for some Pad Thai since NYE, and my dear partner attempted to get some for me, but our favorite Thai food restaurant was not open. On the way home from the basketball game on Saturday we swung in and I got my craving fulfilled!

2. On day 2 of our arctic workplace, a co-workers sister made everyone delicious breakfast burrito's to warm up our bellies. It was delicious and improved my mood for the 45 seconds it took me to eat it.


3. I made these delicious and simple sesame noodles for dinner on Tuesday night. I doubled the recipe (so we could have leftovers) and omitted the hot chili oil - mainly because I forgot to buy it. It tasted fantastic and next time I am going to add some chicken and that should make it even more delicious.

4. We had cheesy stuffed shells at work on Wednesday. They were surprisingly good, although the kids didn't like them. I think the white sauce scared them.

5. We received a lot of candy in our Christmas stockings. Since the wedding was 5 days before Christmas, we did not receive any presents on Christmas but I feel like we got double the amount of candy. So I have been making my way through that stash. Trying to avoid stomachaches.



5 things I read:

1. Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand
This was a nice Christmasy little novel, left wide open so I hope she does another so I know what happens to the characters!

2. Getting Even by Sarah Rayner
This book was terrible. Check out why I thought that on my Goodreads page.

3.  This is a cheat, because I didn't read it...I listened to it. I caught up on the Nerdist (link) podcast this week on my drive to/from work. I enjoy that podcast in particular because Chris Hardwick makes me giggle. 

4. Now, I am not a parent. I hope to be one day, but I have two nieces (and one on the way!) and I am 16 years older than my little brother. I am also a preschool teacher. This blog post made laugh.

5. The Vacationers by Emma Straub
I believe I am actually going to write a review for this book, so look out for it next Monday!


Have a great weekend everybody! See you back here on Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment