Friday, February 20, 2015

Five Things Friday

 


5 things I did:

1. We went on a mini road trip to the Upper Peninsula. Once we 
started on our way there, we realized Marquette had a blizzard warning. We continued anyway and we did make it safely after some white out road conditions on the way.



2.  Saturday night we took in a Northern Michigan University hockey game.



3.  After a day of adventuring around the midst of a blizzard, we drank some $3 margaritas and played Cards Against Humanity. It was great fun.



4. We went to two local breweries while up there. I love going to the local places and seeing what they are all about. I will be writing up the experiences in a few weeks and posting them. Stay tuned!

5. We got back Sunday evening and it was just real life activities after that; grocery shopping, laundry, work, etc.



5 things I ate:

1. I drank this delicious hot chocolate from Babycakes. It was decadent and amazing.



2. A pasty is always necessary when in the UP.



 
3. A sub from Togo's. Mine had pretty much only meat and a little bit of cheese.
Kind of unnecessary, really.



4. Bavarian Cream filled Paczki on Fat Tuesday. So heavenly.

5. Green smoothies happened all week to make up for the lack of vegetables all weekend long.

5 things I read:

Given the conditions on our trip, this was the topic of conversation for a lot of the weekend.

This was a really cool read, I am bummed to say I haven't been to a single one of these restaurants. I feel the need to remedy that ASAP

Full review coming on Monday! So I will leave you in suspense until then!

4. Pedatrician refuses lesbian mothers
Just one of those articles and situations that makes you go hmm.

5. Listened to This American Life most recent two part episode. So fascinating. Take a listen.



As per usual, I am going to be linking with Fitting It All In and her Five Things Friday. I am also going to be at the High Five for Friday link up over at Coffee with CaitlinCup of TeaBright on a budget and Della Devoted

7 comments:

  1. Visiting from the link up! That hot chocolate looks incredibly delicious! I just read the synopsis for Prayers for the Stolen and it sounds really good! I recently watched a documentary on Netflix about being a girl in China and India and it was really interesting, I'd love to read about another perspective. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy the book. I have a full review coming on Monday if you're interested in more details! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh...that is a lot of snow! That hot chocolate looks so amazing. :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of snow, but I loved every second of it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. So glad your trip to the UP went well! And yes, when in the UP, one must eat a pasty :) Hope you have a fabulous weekend!! Thanks for linking up with us again at H54F!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you understand the absolute necessity!! Thanks for hosting and see you next week :)

      Delete
  4. OMG, that hot chocolate looks amazing! It sounds like you had a fun, if somewhat snowy, week!

    Thanks for linking up with us for H54F:)
    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete