Friday, February 27, 2015

Five Things Friday



5 things I did:

1. I saved $120 at Kohl's buying two scarves for A and some boots for me. Then I saved $22 at Kroger buying groceries. I was irrationally excited about all of this.

2. We went to the mall and tried on winter coats on clearance. I didn't find anything that I love, so I am still on the hunt. I have a winter coat, but it's on its 5th winter and I am due for an upgrade as it is getting a bit raggedy.

3. I went to church on Sunday. Needed a little bit of something for the soul, you know?

4. I worked. I do this every week, so I obviously don't always mention it because that would be redundant. This little one was drawing me a picture of "tacos, soup and fruit."



5. I had a routine physical. Super exciting. I'm healthy, slightly fat, but healthy.


5 things I ate:

1. Post-Valentine's candy on SALE!

2. On our way from the UP last weekend we stopped and got frozen pasty's to take home with us. We ate them this week and they were super good! Not as good as fresh ones (obviously) but they will do a pinch. Next I want to learn to make them at home!


3. We have had some mighty cold days, and I love nothing more than a bowl of cream of wheat on a cold morning. I am seriously 95 at heart.



4. This Kroger lemon sorbet was DIVINE. I seriously ate about 1/4 of it one night and then finished it the next. I bought another flavor and can't wait to try it, but I am trying to refrain from binge eating sorbet.



5. SHAMROCK SHAKES ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!


5 things I read:

1. Great Lakes Cruise?!
This is an amazing idea and I want to do it so badly. Buuuut it's pretty pricey. I will love it from afar.

2. Michigan Bucket List
A and I have our own Michigan bucket list, but this is pretty awesome.

3. The Silent Wife by A.S.A Harrison
They compared this book to Gone Girl and to that I say a big HELL NO. This book was worthy of 2 stars maybe. I didn't like OR care about a single person in this story, and it didn't draw me in.

4. Free Library Crackdown
I think free libraries are kickass, and it makes me mad that people are such haters. Also, we don't have any in my city and that makes me mad too. Perhaps I should start the first one? I have TONS of books...

5. The Summer Girls by Mary Alice Monroe
I thought this would be just a nice light read, but it actually had some serious topics within it; including some conservation plot twists and alcoholism issues. A surprisingly good book that offered waaaay more than I went into it expecting. Pleasantly surprised for sure.

As per usual, I am going to be linking with Fitting It All In and her Five Things Friday. I am also going to be at the High Five for Friday link up over at Coffee with CaitlinCup of TeaBright on a budget and Della Devoted

5 comments:

  1. I have never once in my life had a Shamrock Shake. Why? I have no clue. Saving money is always exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never tried one until a few years ago, and I regret all the years of shamrock shake drinking I missed out on!

      Delete
  2. I love Lemon Sorbet!!! So refreshing and it's like Spring in a container :) *running out to the car to go to Kroger

    Have a great weekend, and thanks for linking up again at H54F!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good. I have the acai pomegranate to try next!

      Delete
  3. The Shamrock shakes are great. Now I want one lol. Thanks so much for linking up to H54F!

    ReplyDelete