Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Beauty | What's In My Makeup Bag? | Part 1

This series is going to be broken down into two parts, because I have a lot of makeup in my bag apparently. Part 1 is going to be face products: concealer, base products, blush, bronzer and highlighters. Part 2 will be eye products such as cream eyeshadow, mascara and pencil products. Now to the answer to the elusive question: What's In My Makeup Bag?

The outside of my makeup bag

 I always love reading about what people have in their makeup bags. So I figure I can share a little bit about what I currently keep in my makeup bag. Unfortunately, this is not all of my makeup just what I use most often.

My makeup bag is from Thirty-One and I could not find it on the website, but they have some other makeup bag options here.

The inside

 My bag is rather large ( 8"H x 10"W x 5.5"D) and the inside is all plastic so if something spills on the inside it is super easy to clean up. There is also a zipper pocket inside (I keep my pencils in there) and a snap pocket on the outside (I keep my sharpeners in there). I absolutely love this bag and hope that it will last me for years and years since I can't find it on the website anymore.

(L-R) e.l.f. essential tone correcting concealer, maybelline instant age rewind and Benefit Boi-ing


I have this concealer in light beige, and it's actually a bit too dark for me in the winter. This concealer costs $1. I know! It's pretty decent too for that price. I use this on small blemishes as it is a fairly light coverage. It also smells like fruity pebbles. Which is weird, but enjoyable.

I have this concealer in fair, and it is the perfect color match. It seems to come in a pretty good selection of colors as well.  This product retails about $5-$6 bucks. I use this product underneath my eyes every single day. It makes my dark circles completely disappear. Magical.

I have this concealer in 01-light, and it is a great match. Unfortunately this concealer only comes in about 5 colors, so not a super expansive selection. This is my go-to every single day concealer. I use this on all my blemishes, around my nose and wherever else I need it. This is $26 for a pot, but it lasts for a long while and is considered an "industrial strength concealer."

(L-R) yes to grapefruit CC cream, sweet science invisible daily tint, CoverGirl smoothers BB cream and The Body Shop Vitamin E Cool BB cream

I have this in light, and it is a daily correct and repair CC cream that I use as a base (kind of like a foundation) on my face. This product is SPF 18 and is an all natural product. It costs about $16 but doesn't take a whole lot to give you a light coverage. You will notice all my base products are light to medium coverage, because I don't like full coverage on my face.  I absolutely adore the Yes to products and would own everything if I could. It has a pump dispenser, which I prefer and it does have kind of a fruity scent.

Not sure what the shade is, probably the lightest. This is actually a sample from Birchbox. This product has SPF 35 and is a matte satin finish. You can use it alone or underneath other heavier base products. I prefer to use it alone, and it does have a very nice finish and it applies wonderfully. Once I am done with the sample, I will not purchase due to the $45 price tag. Eeek.

This product comes in 3 colors, and I have fair to light and it is a pretty good match. This is the product I use most often, because it has a very light coverage and a little goes a long way. It has SPF 21 and it keeps my skin hydrated all day long, I never feel dry and flaky. This BB Cream costs about  $8 so it's pretty reasonable.

This BB cream comes from one of my favorite brands, but is a miss with this cream. It comes in only one shade, and it doesn't really work well for me 3 seasons out of the year. I can get by with it in summer, cause I have little more color. It doesn't have any SPF, which is a bummer. It does have a nice even finish. 

(Front-Back) Wet 'N Wild Color Icon Blush, The Balm Hot Mama blush

I have this blush in pearlescent pink, and it's a beautiful  rosy pink color with a slight shimmer. This blush is very pigmented, so using a light hand is a definite must or you may end up looking like a doll (in a not-good way.) This blush is a drugstore buy, and I don't remember what it costs but I know not very much.

This is my number one blush of all-time. I absolutely love it. It is a beautiful peachy-pink shimmery shade that just makes your whole face glow. I received this as a sample a LONG time ago and am still using it, even though I use it pretty much every day. This product costs about $20 but it lasts forever and ever, and I don't think I will ever be without it in my makeup bag. So good.

(L-R) The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder, Stila one step bronze and CoverGirl Clean Pressed Powder

I have this bronzing powder in the shade 02-fair matte and next time I will definitely buy the shade lighter 01-light matte. This bronzer works fine, but I just prefer a lighter, more subtle contour. I absolutely love love love this bronzer, it applies so beautifully and naturally. It costs about $20 but The Body Shop is always having sales, so you can definitely get it on discount. If you're looking to play around with a bronzing powder, this is the one I recommend as it is very forgiving.

So this bronzing product is a weird one. It's like a cream, and you blend it into your skin. But you must blend a lot or else you look like you have weird tan lines. It's also rather dark, and I kind of have stopped using it altogether. I should probably get rid of it, but it's nice in the summer if I get a little "tan" going. This serum costs about $36 (wow. I didn't realize that.)

I am pretty sure I have used some variation of this powder ever since I started using makeup. I use the shade classic ivory and I use this every single day to set my makeup. I love it, but that being said I think when I run out of this I may experiment with some other powders. But I think that every single time I never do. This powder costs about $7.

(L-R) Temptu S/B Highlighter, W3ll People Bio Brightener Stick and Benefit Ooh la lift
Yes, Temptu the airbrush makeup. I don't use an airbrush applicator to apply this highlighter though. I just take a little dot on my ring finger and work it into right above my cheekbones. This shade is champagne shimmer, and it's super shimmery. It applies really nice and dewy. The price for this highlighter is $27.50

This is a sample of this product, obviously, as it is in a pot and not a stick. But this is another highlighter that has a slight shimmer. This color is called Moonstone and it's a kind of silver, shimmer color that really has a brightening effect on your whole face.

This product is mainly used for brightening up under the eye. I will be honest, I don't really notice a difference.  Especially if I use my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind and then use this product, it doesn't really add anything. Maybe if my dark circles were darker, but...I'm not complaining. This product costs $22 and I will not repurchase.


If you're interested in reading about the Lip Products I have in my makeup bag as well, that is a whole other post. Yes, I might have a problem.























No comments:

Post a Comment