Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Beauty | Lip Products

I have never much of a bright lipstick girl, but I am trying to step out of my comfort zone a little bit. So I decided to share my lip product collection with you, as of September 2014 this is what I own!


Full disclosure: This lipstick is waaaaay too bright for me. I wore this on 80s day to work, and it was a hit! I am very fair, light blonde hair and I look silly with super bright pink lipsticks. But minus the color, the texture and lasting of this lip pencil is super!

I really enjoy this color. It's a great fall lip color, it's a brighter reddish pink color, but has kind of a rhubarb undertone that makes it perfect for fall. The lasting power isn't super great, it tends to wear off in the center first so you need to touch up a few times.

I probably wear this lip gloss the most. This color is fairly flattering on me, but it the consistency of the gloss can be a little sticky. It lasts for a decent amount of time though, plus the mirror on the gloss is super handy!

This was an impulse buy a few years ago while in line at H&M. I enjoy it, but I have to be careful not to apply it too heavily because the color isn't a great match for me (notice a trend here?). 

This is another brighter pink color, but it actually works for me (I think at least...). The gloss consistency isn't as sticky, it's the perfect amount of shine and it lasts. That's a win in my book!

This is my favorite! It's the perfect neutral color for my skin tone, it's matte, it lasts forever, it's moisturizing and it applies beautifully. I highly recommend the body shop colour crush lipsticks! Plus, the packaging is beautiful!

This is a sample size, and I have had it for a few months now. It's a bit brighter than I tend to wear, but I will slap this on for a night out or a late dinner out or something. It is a smooth and creamy texture, and it has great lasting power.

I love this formula! This lip balm is super hydrating, keeping my lips nice and smooth all day long and trust me, that's a feat! The color isn't super great for my skin tone, but it's manageable!

I got this in my stocking a few Christmases ago, and I'm not sure that it actually plumps my lip up, but it's a nice clear gloss and that's always a good thing to have on hand. It is a bit sticky, but lip glosses tend to be that way so it's nothing surprising.

I adore this product. It's a balm stain, so it's super hydrating and it lasts forever! I also love the color, and you can bet I will purchasing more. Especially since it's super affordable!

This is another sample size, and I absolutely adore this lip stain. I think lip stains are the best because they last. The color is a really pretty light red, with a rosy undertone, and it applies super smooth. It doesn't dry out your lips, and is not sticky in the slightest.

I use this product the most I think. It's a beautiful cinnamon color, and it's a crayon so it applies super smooth and moisturizes as well. It lasts for a few hours without any touch ups needed.

I need to work on figuring out what colors are best for my pale skin, but a lot of these are given to me so it's probably why they're not perfect matches! What colors match your skin tone the best? Any other pale people out there with advice for a lip color novice?

No comments:

Post a Comment