Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 2014 Birchbox Review

So my September Birchbox came right before I left for a quick trip to the Chicagoland area for a concert. I didn't really get to explore it very much before I left, but now I have and I am excited to share it with you! So let's get to it!

        (From left-right and then in front)

Full size $2.99
Now the other dual-ended hydration lock Chapstick they make is Day & Night, which is the one I really wanted to try! I am about to run out of my night lip treatment, and thought that this could replace it, but alas. I have used the renew side a few times, and it's super creamy and rejuvanting.
Update: I just received a free one of each from BirchBloggers, and I am SO excited! A review will be forthcoming!

Full size $25
This is a water-resistant formula that lengthens, volumizes and curls without clumping or flaking. I have used this once so far, on a crazy day of work and I can say that it doesn't rub off during the day. A lot of times, as the day gets nuttier, I tend to rub my eyes and a lot of times my mascara will smudge to underneath my eyes, giving me a super sexy raccoon look. This did NOT do that. So that's a win in my book!

Full size $18.99
This a day cream that is made with gotu kola cells (no clue what that is). This day cream is also antiaging that firms and protects skin. I have tried this product yet, but it smells kind of like a creamsicle, and I am pro-creamsicle smelling facial products. Can't wait to try this one!

Full size $14.50-$29.50
I am so excited about this product, I have already used it three times! While I am still in love with my Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle, the price went up a little bit and I want to try something new so here we are. I adore this brand anyway, and I oil SPRAY?! SIGN ME UP. This product is lightweight and absorbs into the hair super quick. It combats frizz, boosts shine and blocks UV Rays (what??). Magic.

Full size $27.50
I haven't tried this yet, because it kind of scares me because it's liquid. It's a liquid shimmer that is supposed to illuminate and contour your complexion and gives you an all-over glow. It's a beautiful color, I'm just scared of over applying. I will try it on a day where if I look silly it won't matter!

Full size $48
This is an acid-free peel, that is used to gently exfoliate your skin for instantly softer, smoother, brighter skin. I plan on  using this on Sunday, my face mask day! Even if it is magic, I can promise I probably won't repurchase just because of the cost alone. Eeesssh.

So there you go, the September 2014 Birchbox! I can't wait to try to some of the new stuff, and I can't wait to keep using the stuff I already know I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment