Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Beauty | Empties #2

 
 
I suppose it's only been about a month or so since my last empties post, but for some reason I went through things a bit faster than usual this past month. So here we are...my thoughts on the products I have used up recently!


1. VO5 Herbal Escapes Kiwi Lime Squeeze Conditioner
I didn't actually buy this, my husband did. I did use it occasionally though after a clarifying shampoo or something. It smelled like key lime pie and hydrated my hair nicely. It's nothing too incredibly remarkable but for the price, it's a pretty decent conditioner.

2. Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Body Lotion in Lavender Chamomile
I am obsessed with the B&BW Sleep scents. I find the lavender, vanilla and chamomile smell to be so incredibly relaxing and delightful. Nearly every Christmas by Grandma gets me one of these lotions and I put it to immediate use. This is a definite repurchase, because I always have one on my dresser.

3. Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong Shampoo and Conditioner
I have used Herbal Essences since high school, but I DID NOT care for this set of products. I felt like shampoo left a residue on my hair and the conditioner didn't hydrate very well, my hair felt brittle and frizzy along with kind of greasy? I don't know how that happens, but it did. I will not be repurchasing this specific set.

4. Bath and Body Works French Lavender & Honey Shower Gel
Another lavender scented product. I liked the way this smelled, but I felt like it didn't last long on the skin. While I was soaping up in the shower, it was a pretty powerful scent but as soon as I stepped out I felt like I couldn't smell it anymore which was a disappointment. I like my shower gel scent to linger, so I smell fresh and clean (tmi?).

5. Mitchum for Women Powder Fresh Clear Gel Deodorant
All time fave deodorant. Gets the job done if you know what I mean. Have already repurchased.

6.  Malin + Goetz lip moisturizer
I used this right after exfoliating my lips at night before bedtime. I kept it in my nightstand drawer and layered the stuff on before sleep. I loved it, my lips felt smooth and hydrated all winter long. My only complaint is the packaging and that it was a squeeze tube. I just don't like that kind of packaging because I always make a mess. Definite repurchase in the future, after I use up the current lip conditioner I have.

7. bh cosmetics eye and lip makeup remover
There wasn't anything too special about this makeup remover. It removed even the most stubborn of makeup without irritating my sensitive skin. Probably won't repurchase because I can only do so online and that's kind of annoying at times.

8. Juara Skincare Turmeric Antioxidant Radiance Mask
I honestly feel like this mask didn't do anything. It was a sample I received from Birchbox, and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to use it. I won't be purchasing it because, like I said, I don't really feel like it did anything.

There you have it, round 2 of empties! Anything you have finished up lately that is a definite repurchase?


2 comments:

  1. Love your Empties review :) I personally love Bath and Body works Sleep products because it does the trick for me!

    Ursula aka Blueridge Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love it as well, the pillow mist is heaven!

    ReplyDelete