Friday, April 24, 2015

Five Things Friday


Five Things I Did:

1. We went and visited my mother in law in the hospital, she is out of ICU and into a different unit now so that is great news. It's slow and steady recovery at this point, but we are thankful she is still with us.

2. We went for a walk both Saturday and Sunday mornings. On Sunday morning we saw a crane, 3 deer and a muskrat. All in our little neighborhood duck pond.

3. This delicious crème soda.


4. I found out my last day of work for the school year, finally. There was some confusion because I am in a different type of classroom this year, but my last day of work is May 15. I have a lot to get done before then! 

5. Catching up with friends over food, is there anything better?

Five Things I Ate:

1. I made zoodles for the first time! To with it I made chicken and asparagus and a creamy sauce. I made a bit too much sauce, but it was still good. A recipe will be up next Tuesday, you know #recipetuesday.

2. The hospital having a Jamba Juice machine is a problem. I had a triple berry  juice while we were there. I'm addicted.

3. Italian Bean & Sausage Pasta is another family fave. I don't think I have shared that recipe, so I will be doing so in the coming weeks. It's SO easy, and no it's a crockpot meal! ;)

4. Crockpot lentil chili. 

5. I tried an acai berry purée packet in my smoothies this week. It was AMAZING.

Five Things I Read:

1.Where the iconic Detroit "D" comes from

2. Can't believe this is what is being taught in a HS Sex-Ed class. For shame!

3. Facts are Friends re: vaccinations

4. The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters
Full review coming in a few weeks. This book is long in pages, but I was still sad when it was over!

5. The Wonder of All Things by Jason Mott

As per usual, I am going to be linking with Fitting It All In and her Five Things Friday. I am also going to be at the High Five for Friday link up over at Coffee with CaitlinCup of TeaBright on a budget and Della Devoted
 

2 comments:

  1. Great news that your MIL is recovering. Just getting out of the ICU is a huge blessing! And that Boylan's Creme soda is just so delicious! Man, I wish I had some now. So yummy! Hope you had a wonderful weekend, and thanks for linking up at H54F!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is great news, we are very fortunate. That crème soda was the bomb. I'm gonna have to get some more...have a great week!

    ReplyDelete