Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Beauty | March 2015 Birchbox

March's Birchbox was all about creativity; being creative and expressing yourself. The box itself was really pretty and, you guessed it, creative! I really like the fun boxes they are doing this year.
 

So I opened up my box and as usual everything was beautifully packaged and in pristine condition. I have never received a broken sample or anything of the sort.
 
 
Alright, so onto the products. Once again, I did select one of the samples to receive. It's one I really have been wanting to try, so I couldn't turn down the opportunity. I got 5 products in this box, reviewed them all and got 50 points. Birchbox and their point system is why they are superior to all other subscription box services in my opinion. I am a fan for life.

 
 
1. BioRepublic Green Tea Detox Purifying Sheet Mask full size $14.50 (includes 3 masks)
This is an antioxidant rich mask that helps to clear up skin and minimize imperfections. You apply this to a clean face, let sit for 15-20 minutes, remove and pat in the leftover serum. I love a good face mask, for sure. I have never tried a sheet mask before and anticipate a selfie being taken while doing this one. I am excited to try this.
 
This oil is made with nine plant oils, and is great for dry skin. It helps to fight redness and irritation. You just smooth 2-3 drops over a clean face, or you can even mix it in with your regular moisturizer or serum. Where was this product in January? I tried it on the back of my hand real quick, and it's silky smooth. It's definitely oily and leaves a shine and for that reason I will use this product at night. Looking forward to see how it does on some of my dry spots.
 
This 10 in one treatment helps with hair damage from brittleness to frizz. All you have do it is spray one to two spritzes into dry or wet hair. This is product that I chose. I use a detangler/leave in conditioner every night on my wet hair, and I have my current favorite but I am always game to check out other "miracle" products. The smell is kind of a little too flowery for me, but if it works I may forgive it. SUPER excited to try this one.
 
This is crème that nourishes and soothes, using 70% organic ingredients. This lotion smells more like eucalyptus to me than rosemary, which is a good thing in my book! When I tested the sample on the back of my hand, it smelled great, rubbed in quickly and didn't leave a super greasy residue on my hand. I have pretty sensitive skin, so I may just use this as a hand cream and see what happens.
 
This is a gel formula highlighter that gives off a subtle, pearlescent shimmer. You dab onto cheekbones and brow bones, then get on with your day. When I first saw this I thought it was a nail polish. This is a kind of glittery-shimmery so if that's not your scene, then avoid. Applying it with the nail polish-esqe wand and then using your fingers to buff in is the best way I have found to use it. It is a bit gloopy, so we will see how that works out as it gets older.
 
There you have it, March 2015 Birchbox-ness is now a thing of the past. This year is already cruising on by. Have you received any of these samples before? What did you think?



1 comment:

  1. Love your March Birchbox review!! Feel free to check out my Birchbox for March at my Facebook blog, Blueridge Beauty!! Also I have Blueridge Beauty at Blogspot/Google too!!

    ReplyDelete