Monday, May 4, 2015

Book Review | Daughter by Jane Shemilt

20505127
 
In Daughter, Jenny is a successful family doctor who is the mother of 3 great teens and married to a neurosurgeon who is also successful. But when their youngest teen, Naomi, who is fifteen doesn't come home after her school play their seemingly ideal life starts to crumble. A nationwide search is launched, but with no luck. It seems that Naomi has completely vanished, leaving behind her broken family. As the months go on the trail continues to be cold, until more than a year after Naomi's disappearance Jenny finds something that disturbs her. Everyone that she has trusted has been keeping secrets. Piecing together the pieces that have been left behind, Jenny discovers a very different Naomi from the one she believed she had raised.

So, I did enjoy reading this book. I truly had no idea what was going to happen, I didn't know what happened to Naomi so I was anxious to continue reading to get that mess figured out. All that being said, I thought the narration was a bit choppy with the present day - past back and forth nature, and I felt like that really took away from the flow of the story, and the tension that was developing. I would recommend this book for someone who likes a kind of emotional suspense story, and I did give it 3/5 stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment