Friday, May 22, 2015

Five Things Friday




Five Things I Did:

1. Lorelei Lindsay was born! My newest niece took awhile to join us, but she is here and I can't wait for newbie snuggles when I finally meet her in June!

2. We went a trip to Ikea to get some items we had been needing/wanting. We actually weren't able to get some of the bigger things we want, so looks another trip will be in our future. Oh darn! ;)




3. My husband has accepted a fixed-term (1 year) position at Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa! I am currently looking for job opportunities there and I am planning on moving with him at the end of July - as long as I find something work wise. On to our next adventures!




4. We headed out to Grinnell on Monday to look for housing. We stopped in Iowa City to walk around the University of Iowa and downtown.



5. We found our Grinnell home! It's a kickass loft above a currently empty storefront, but it's right in downtown; walking distance from campus and right next door to the movie theatre. It has tons of character, exposed brick and gorgeous hardwood throughout. 



Five Things I Ate:

1. After an exhausting trip to Ikea, wings seemed like a good choice.

2. We ate breakfast at Golden Harvest Monday morning; I had a strawberry rhubarb French toast crumble with cream cheese frosting. It was literally amazing. 



3. We ate lunch at Short's Burger & Shine in Iowa City. I had a burger with bacon, cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce along with a craft beer from Des Moines. Then we stopped at Molly's Cupcakes for dessert. 



4. Literally the best meal of my life. Relish is the bomb. This is sesame crusted chicken and asparagus and it was divine. 



5. I tried kiwi in my smoothies this week; it was delish.

Five Things I Read:

1. Apparently you shouldn't get sick in July

2. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters

3. social media no-no's

4. If Disney Princesses were 30-somethings

5. I read the local Grinnell paper while we were there!

As per usual, I am going to be linking with Fitting It All In and her Five Things Friday. I am also going to be at the High Five for Friday link up over at Coffee with CaitlinCup of TeaBright on a budget and Della Devoted

1 comment: