Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Beauty | Nars Lip Pencil



I am slowly getting more adventurous with my lip colors. Now that I work in an office setting and not in the classroom, I find myself playing around with my makeup look a lot more. It's much more enjoyable when you know it's not going to sweat off from chasing preschoolers around all day. I received these Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencilfrom Sephora for my birthday. I have been obsessed ever since.

I think that lip pencils are my favorite lip product. Applying them is so easy, just like coloring, and the formula tends to be super creamy and not tug on your lips. This product is no exception. As the name suggests, they are velvety smooth and apply beautifully. The matte finish is not drying at all and I have found that even as the day goes on, if you feel your lips starting to dry out you can apply some balm over it without losing the color. 

The first color (on the left) is Cruella, as you can see it's a beautiful scarlet red. The actual color is a bit darker than photographed. I am recently kind of obsessed with trying out red lipsticks (much to my husbands dismay I am sure) and I LOVE this product.


The second color (on the right) is Rikugien. This is actually from the Satin Lip Pencil line and the main difference between the two is the colors are a bit brighter in the Satin Lip line. As you can see, Rikugien is a rosy pink color and the color is pretty true to the packaging. 

I am in love with these lip pencils, both lines, and when I use up these two I definitely plan on purchasing some different colors.  They last all day and the color payoff is spectactular.

I received these as a birthday gift from Sephora, but all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment