Friday, September 4, 2015

Five Things Friday




Five Things I Did:

1. Our new town is an hour away from Des Moines and Iowa City. So we ventured into Iowa City for dinner and some Costco shopping on Friday night.  There happened to be a pretty cool Soul festival going on, so we got to take in some live music as well.

2. I got some new shoes from the local shoe store just down the street. We live right downtown; so it's been fun just venturing into the little local shops and seeing what they have.

3. On Monday I had to travel to the small town of Jefferson, Iowa for new staff orientation. It's about two hours away from Grinnell, it was long and boring.

4. I worked a few days this week job shadowing, it's great to see what the agency does in all of its different departments.

5. Went and saw Straight Outta Compton and it was great! I forget how much I enjoy some of those songs.

Five Things I Ate:

1. We have discovered the best corn I have ever had in my life. It's from Humphrey Sweet Corn Farms and they sell it 6 days a week just around the corner from us from a stand on the side of the road. We have been eating SO much of it and I am obsessed.

2. I made some oven fried scallops; which my husband really liked but I didn't really care for. I will have to try out a different recipe some time.

3. Ate some of my favorite snack of cottage cheese and pineapple. So good.

4. I made up a sweet pepper sauce to go over some pan fried chicken and I was a fan. 

5. Got a frozen pizza from a local pizza place. It was really good and not too bad of a price either.

Five Things I Read:

1. Maud's Line by Margaret Verble
Full review will be coming soon as I received this book from the publishers to read and review for you all!

2. Nantucket Sisters by Nancy Thayer

3. September BookPage 

4. Make time for books guys!

5. The House Girl by Tara Conklin


 I am linking up over at High Five for Friday with Coffee with CaitlinCup of TeaBright on a budget and Della Devoted

No comments:

Post a Comment