Friday, September 11, 2015

Five Things Friday


Five Things I Did:


1. I got some new sandals, they were on sale, super cute and are comfortable. All the wins.


2. In the process of trying to buy my leased vehicle, so lots of phone calls regarding that. Being a grown up is so interesting sometimes...


3. I started training at work this week, the days are going by quickly so that's kind of nice.


4. We went for a nice walk around one of the neighborhoods. It was nice to get out and talk/walk.


5. I didn't have work on Monday due to Labor Day but my husband did. So, I binged watched some Netflix and enjoyed my last weekday off until Thanksgiving.


Five Things I Ate:


1. 

We had wanted to make chicken and waffles for our Saturday morning breakfast, but we don't have a waffle iron. My husband got creative and made cluckin' crepes instead. It was amazing.

2. I took for granted the sorbet options in Lansing;moving here as been a challenge in that department, oh the struggle. But this past weekend I found moose tracks frozen yogurt and all is right in my world. Well, the sorbet is still lacking but at least I can have a a delicious frozen treat.


3. Italian Bean and Sausage Pasta. Added some bacon to it cause we needed to use it up. 


4. Cooker Pork Chops. We had it with some mixed veggies and whole wheat pasta.


5. Went to some new little local restaurants. I didn't try anything life changing but I like to go to new places.


Five Things I Read:


1. Blue Stars by Emily Gray Tedrowe


2. James Sirius Potter goes to Hogwarts


3. Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari
While this book reads like a "comedy" book (and trust me, there are some definite laugh out loud moments) it always is full of research, statistics and all that other good stuff. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and it made me incredibly thankful to have met and married my husband before social media and texting became such a big part of romantic relationships. Dang.


4. Friendships in your 30s


5. It's been great to just read and see everyone's kids starting school on social media. So, happy first week of school to those guys!

I am linking up over at High Five for Friday with Coffee with CaitlinCup of TeaBright on a budget and Della Devoted

No comments:

Post a Comment