Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Beauty | July Birchbox Review

The theme for July's Birchbox was Go Bold. Summer is a time to Go Bold - to wear those bright colors and not hold back. 


1. Whish Three Whishes Body Butter
full size $24
I received this body butter in the scent blueberry, and while that is not my favorite scent the product itself is pretty great. This body butter is super creamy and smooth, and it rubs into the skin like a charm. No icky residue or greasy aftermath. I would definitely purchase this in another scent; it comes in almond, lavender, pomegranate, lemongrass, coconut and acai grapefruit. I want to try to the lemongrass, personally.

2. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
full size $42
This is a cult favorite texturizing spray; used to soak up oil and give your second day (or third or fourth) hair some bounce back. Using a spray like this isn't in my normal hair routine, but I'm not against trying it out. It smells super fruity and sweet, but the spray nozzle was kind of hard to push down. I was really pushing on it when it finally sprayed and it scared me. I am looking forward to trying this out and seeing if its one I finally enjoy.

3. StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Eye Treatment
full size $75
This is a gentle retinol eye treatment that targets fine lines and sagging, without causing irritation. I don't think I have ever used a retinol treatment on my eyes, so I'm interested to try this for awhile. It's a tiny bit greasy, so I will definitely be trying this at night. 

4. Stila Look At Me Liquid Lipstick
full size $20
I received this lipstick in the shade Bella, which is a bright pink. It comes in a trio which includes Bella, Beso and Venezia. Beso is a classic red color and Venezia is a bright coral color. The formula for this liquid lipstick is terrific - it glides on like a gloss but stays put and dries like a stain. I'm a huge fan of this formula and can't wait to wear this bright pink for the remainder of the summer.

5. theBalm cosmetics Balm Desert Bronzer/Blush
full size $21
This is tiny little sample size, so I'm not entirely sure how to grasp whether I am a fan or not. I love the brand and this color of this bronzer is stunning; but I think it may be a bit too dark for my pale skin. I'm still going to give it a whirl, taking care to use a light hand. 

There you have it, my July Birchbox! Have you guys ever tried any of these products and what did you think?      

No comments:

Post a Comment