Thursday, July 2, 2015

Travel | The Loft | Lansing, Michigan

The Loft in Lansing, Michigan is a super intimate space for a concert or event, it can only hold about 500 people. It came to be in 2010, and is located right in downtown Lansing. The location couldn't be any more perfect, it's right by some really great bars so you can snag a good parking place early and then have a few drinks and dinner before you go to your concert. It's on the second story, hence the name of The Loft.
 
 

Recently, my favorite artist actually came to The Loft to perform. It was a sold out show, and I can say that it didn't feel too crowded - which was great. I had read some reviews that said they often oversold shows so it was jam packed. I am pleased to say that was not that case for the concert I attended.

Photo courtesy of Amber Stokosa Photography. This was NOT the concert I attended

 The lighting and sound were great. They have a bar that is pretty well stocked and a few different beers. They did run out of the beer I was drinking before the show even started, so that was disappointing but nothing to get upset about. It did get a little warm in there, but that's to be expected in June with 500 sweaty, singing, jumping bodies. I'm not sure how glamorous this venue is for artists, but as a fan it couldn't be better. You are RIGHTTHERE with the artist and it feels amazing.

The Loft has no idea who I am. I purchased my tickets on my own and all opinions are my own. I am not being compensated for writing this post at all, just wanted to share my fun experience with anyone who wanted to read about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment