Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Beauty | Mini Lush Haul

While I was in Florida visiting my sister and her family, I popped into Lush to pick up a few things. I didn't need any of them, but you know how it goes.


1. So I told my husband I would pick him up something, so I went with Kalamazoo. It's a beard and facial wash that has pineapple juice, almond oil, jojoba oil and lots of other natural stuff (which is what Lush is known for!). I went with this product for a few different reasons - it's called Kalamazoo and we're from Michigan which has a Kalamazoo. Also, it's a beard (which my husband has) and facial (which both of us have) wash. So it's something we can both use. Plus, it smells good.


2. Next up was a fresh face mask Catastrophe Cosmetic. This mask is a blueberry face mask filled with calamine, rose absolute and chamomile blue oil. This product is designed to soothe redness and irritation and help cleanse the skin without stripping it of it's natural oils. It's so fresh that it needs to be kept refrigerated. Absolutely love it.


3. Now I have used this before and adored it. Let the Good Times Roll is a face and body cleanser made with maize flour, corn meal, cinnamon powder - it has a sweet scent (which is divine) and helps exfoliate your skin. It is also hydrating and lasts a long time!  


4. This is a new product for me to try out and it's called a Dream Steam. It's a little tab that you drop into a bowl filled with hot water, drape a towel over your head and the bowl and let the steam do it's magic. It's filled with calming ingredients such as tea tree oil, lavender oil, chamomile oil and rose absolute. After the tab has dissolved you can keep the water for two days and spritz it on your face when you need a little pick me up. I'm super excited to try this out. 


Lush is kinda known for their bath bombs - I don't take baths so I had never used one. While we were there we grabbed a few for my nieces to try out. They absolutely loved them! 

The first one we tried was the Ickle Baby Bot. This bomb is shaped like a robot, which is definitely part of the appeal. It has lavender, chamomile and sandalwood essential oils to help get those sleep inducing vibes get going. You drop into the bath and it dissolves quickly, releasing a super calming scent and turning the bath water a light blue color. It smelled fantastic, and definitely was a relaxing experience.


The second we tried was called Twilight. This bath bomb has a pretty pink color, and when dropped into the water changes like the sky from dusk to twilight. It has lavender and tonka to help fight insomnia and inspire restful sleep. It smelled so relaxing and was really pretty to watch dissolve.


The last one was called Pink Bath Bomb and it was fragranced with vanilla bean, which smelled delish. This bath bomb leaves a candy scent on your body, which of course my nieces loved.



I highly recommend everything from Lush, I have never had a bad experience or tried a product that I didn't end up loving. What are your favorite Lush products?

No comments:

Post a Comment