Friday, June 12, 2015

Five Things Friday




Five Things I Did:


1. I flew to Florida! I am in Florida for 2 whole weeks with my sister and her family. I get to love on my nieces for 14 days!

2. I had nothing to do with this, but we have a TRIPLE CROWN WINNER! The first one in 37 years - there is a great chance I might not ever see another in my lifetime. That is absolutely crazy and I am glad my husband has been watching these races or else I would not have been. Now I can say I was WATCHING it happen. So cool! Thanks dude! 😎

3. Spent some time at the pool. 




4. Took the kidlets to a bounce house to run/jump off some energy on a rainy day.

5. I got to watch my oldest niece at her gymnastics class! I am such a proud auntie. I am here for another week so be prepared for another week of niece-themed five things friday!

Five Things I Ate:

1. I made eggplant parm. Recipe will be up in a few weeks!

2. Tamales! Maybe I should learn how to make homemade tamales?

3. My brother in law made pork chops, green beans with ham and mashed potatoes with cheese for my first night with them. It was so good! He is a southern boy so the cooking was on point!

4. I have been keeping up with my breakfast green smoothies while here, so that's a bonus.

5. Since my oldest niece is the one who sells me my Girl Scout cookies, and they have a ton leftover, I may be eating those too. 

Five Things I Read:

1. Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup

2. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

3. Why child-free aunties are the best

4. The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins

5. Not a whole lot of time for reading now I suppose, since the nieces are taking up some time!

As per usual, I am going to be linking with Fitting It All In and her Five Things Friday. I am also going to be at the High Five for Friday link up over at Coffee with CaitlinCup of TeaBright on a budget and Della Devoted

1 comment:

  1. I slept through the Triple Crown win:( I woke up and was like, "What?! OMG WE HAVE A TRIPLE CROWN WINNER!!!!"haha It sounds like you've had an excellent week. I hope you enjoy your trip!

    Thanks for linking up with us for H54F!

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete