Monday, June 1, 2015

Book Review | The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan















 22875451

 Full disclosure to start this off, I love the royals. I have never been to London (or overseas at all) but I love it all. I am one of those people who anxiously await to hear when a new royal baby has dropped; I watched the royal wedding and loved every single second of it. I'm not ashamed; it's fascinating to me and I don't really know or understand why.

So that being said, reading this book was a complete JOY to read. I know it's fiction but it's still so fun. The Royal We follows American Rebecca Porter (Bex) on a year long study abroad at Oxford. Bex has never been one for fairy tales, that is more her twin sister Lacey's style. So when Bex finds herself living down the hall from Prince Nicholas she couldn't really care less. She just wants to have fun and adventure during her time in England. But when she finds herself falling for Nick, the person behind the crown, it takes her into a whole new world. As you can imagine, dating a prince is no easy task. This book follows the fun and debauchery that is your college years; and then propels you into the crazy, chaotic life of dating royalty. 

This book spans about a decade, and it's absolutely fantastic. It made me miss my college years; the mistakes, the newness of everything, falling in love (barf).  You can always tell when a book is really good because you're sad when it's over; that was definitely the case with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment