Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Beauty | My Nail Polish Collection



So, I have nail polish. Not a ton, but enough that I finally had to figure out a way to store it. I used to store my nail polish in a small jar, it was nice and pretty but if I wanted to find a particular nail polish I had to dump all the nail polish out and look through it way. My brother used to store his rocks (as you do) in this small three drawer unit by Sterilite. We did a trade, and everyone is happy.


I organize them by color right now. The top drawer are my base/top coats and more neutral colors. The second drawer is my bright pinks, dark reds, coral, orange, etc. The last drawer is my darker colors.

For the purpose of this post, I am doing it by brand. It seems simpler to do it that way, minus the top/base coats. So first, up...top and base coats.


I actually hate this product. It's sticky, it takes 1000000 years to dry and it dries all ripply and weird. I don't even know why I still have it.

This product is a nail strengthener, base coat and top coat. I love this. This is my favorite, because then you can just have one polish for everything. It goes on great, smooths everything out and your polish is still nice and shiny. Perfection.

This base and top coat I received in a Birchbox. It doesn't compare to Essie's 3 way glaze, but it's pretty decent for a 2 in 1 deal.


Pure Ice is a brand of nail polish that is sold at Wal-Mart, it is like $2 and for that price it's a pretty decent nail polish. 

I love this color because it's really neutral but with a slight gold undertone. It has a tiny little bit shimmer, and it really goes with absolutely anything

This is a nice orange-y color and I am not a fan of the color orange. I like to wear this color in the summertime, because it's bright and reminds me of fruit.


I have quite a few Color Club nail polishes, most of them are samples from Birchbox but they last forever! These are my favorite nail polishes (closely tied with China Glaze) that I have tried. Color Club nail polishes are vegan and they use no toxic ingredients and they work with a few charities that our near and dear to my heart. So I might be a little bias, but whatever. A lot of these are from collections available on Birchbox.

This polish is a part of Cocktail Hour collection. It's a gunmetal grey, but it is reallllllly dark. It's really pretty, but dark polishes always scare me. I have worn it once, on my toes. One day I will be brave enough to put it on my fingers.

This polish is from the discontinued Foil Collection on Birchbox. Disco nap is a metallic gold color with a kind of silvery finish. It goes on smooth, which is great. A lot of super metallic colors can go on kind of chunky, but this is not one of them.

This is from the Gala's Gem collection on Birchbox. Gold Struck is a soft and subtle gold color with very little sparkle. This color is great if you're not a fan of the loud gold like in Disco Nap (featured above). I prefer to wear this one on my fingers, because it's a little less LOOK AT ME, if you know what I'm saying.

This is part of the Wanderlust collection on Birchbox. This is an off-white color, and I have worn in once and didn't care for it. I like neutral colors, but white is not really forgiving and I feel like I notice every little imperfection on it. I keep it around because you never know when you might NEED an off white polish...right?

5) I can't out what the name of this color is or even what collection it's from. I think it might be from the Neon Collection, which is no longer in existence. It's a nice kind of bright green color, great for spring!

This is from the Birchbox and Color Club Custom Collection. Put a Pin in it is a beautiful rose gold color, with lots of shimmer. It goes on super smooth though, and it's a great color to jazz up your fingers!

This is from the Fiesta Collection. Wild Cactus is a DEEP emerald color. I mean, the color is so incredibly rich. This another polish that I have only worn on my toes because it's not super forgiving and it scares me. It's super pretty though.



OPI Nail Lacquer is up next. I was surprised to see I only had two of this brand. I could have sworn I had more, but I have moved a lot in the last few years so maybe they vanished. OPI isn't one of my favorites, but really for no particular reason. It's fine, it goes on smooth, the handle is nice and comfortable to hold, the polish dries fine. I just like other ones better.

First off, just because of the name I am considering this for my wedding day nail polish. It's a beautiful soft pink color. It's very subtle, and I absolutely love that. 

A few Christmases ago my sister got me a pedicure from a salon in our hometown. It's one of those places where they let you keep the nail polish that you choose, it's included in the cost. I was feeling rebellious that day, and this deep red color seemed kind of wintery and Christmasy to me. I tend to use it in December, with a layer of Nailtini Millionaire over it and it's amazingly awesome.



RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer was a discovery through, you guessed it, BIRCHBOX. Their unique handle is designed for comfort while holding the want and applying polish. I LOVE that feature, it seems like a small difference, but it's amazing.

This color is a Birchbox exclusive. It's a metallic lavender color, with a little bit of shimmer. I am obsessed with purple, so I love it. It goes on great, with the aid of the art-deco inspired handle, and dries smooth, shiny and perfect.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this color. It is my go-to polish in the summertime it seems like, I even wear it on my actual fingers! It's a fox-inspired orange color, but it's not like BRIGHT in YOUR face ORANGE, it's a bit more saturated and really rich and deep.


I discovered China Glaze at Ulta one day while browsing. The nail polish was the price I was willing to spend, so I decided to give it a go. I love this brand, it dries so quickly it seems. I turned my sister onto it and now she owns about pretty much every color.

This is tied with the above Fox Hunt with my all time favorite summer nail polish. In the pictures, they kind of look like the same color.  Coral Star, obviously, is more of a coral color than orange. 

Last summer I took my niece into Ulta with me and was unable to make a decision regarding nail polish color. I allowed to choose for me (she was 5 at the time) and this is what she picked. I don't wear a lot of dark purple, I prefer lighter, more natural shades. But, I promised, so I purchased it. I have worn it a few times in the fall and winter.


Now Essie has the best selection of colors I think. I am obsessed and have to restrain myself from purchasing more. Plus, Essie is my nickname (within my family and close friends) so I just like seeing it on things. Going left to right:

This is my absolute favorite gray ever. I wear this constantly in the wintertime. It's a beautiful, sleek granite color and it's just amazing. It's not too dark, it's not too light...love it.

This a very light pink color, and it goes on very sheer. I have to layer it like 3 times for the color to show up, and even then I'm so pale it still kind of looks like my natural fingernails. I only use this on my fingernails, because it is incredibly subtle.

This is another great spring and summer color. It's a nice aqua color, that reminds me of some place tropical. Since I sunburn easily, I like to wear this polish and pretend that I am on a beach.

So, on the website it says this is supposed to a blue color. Mine is definitely purple, a really pretty light purple. So, I'm not sure what that means. Either way, I like the color that I have in possession. I don't really wear blue nail polish.


Phew, well there you go. All of my current nail polish and how I store it. Hope you enjoyed it!


No comments:

Post a Comment