Friday, August 15, 2014

High Five for Friday | Link up

Happy Friday! Yesterday was my 30th birthday! I don't feel 30, I usually still feel like I should be 23, but apparently that is not the case. Just ask me that after a night of staying out past 11 pm, 30 feels 30 the next morning fo 'sho.

1. We officially have unpacked all the boxes we will be unpacking. We have put some that are not needed in this smaller space down in our storage area in the basement. But pictures and clocks are hung, Sparty is on the wall, so it's officially home! 





2. Did some work on some wedding stuff. December is going to be here so fast, our wedding is obviously kind of winter-esque hence the snowflakes. It's crazy to be thinking about snowflakes in August, but here we are.



3. I enjoy cooking, especially soups! It was kind of a dark and stormy day in Michigan on Tuesday so I cooked up some Taco Soup! So good and filling!


4. My mom and I went to have a meeting with the bakery that is going to do the cupcakes for the wedding in December. Samples are the bomb, even though we had an idea of what we wanted. Luckily, we don't have to finalize until the beginning of December  because we want to try the fall/winter flavors when they come out in September! So excited to have another vendor finalized! 

5. On my actual birthday, C and I went kayaking up in Mt. Pleasant on the Chippewa River (a blog post on this in the coming weeks). It was a great 6.5 mile trip, that took us just under 2 hours. It was beautiful, and I wish we were able to kayak like 3 times a week. 



Some of the lovely and peaceful views on the river.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment