Friday, July 25, 2014

High Five for Friday | Link-up

It is very nearly August 2014, I can't even believe it. I feel like I say that every week, but I'm going to be going back to work in the month of August, and I will have to figure out my blogging schedule for when that happens. Don't worry, I will keep you posted. Here is my High Five for Friday for this past week!

1. C and I had three parties on Saturday. So needless to say we had a very busy and fulfilling day, getting to see family and friends all day long. We started out at a graduation party for his 2nd cousin, and it was great to see his extended family again (we just saw a lot of them at the wedding shower) and visit with them, even if only for a brief period of time. Then we hustled over to a friend's combined 5th anniversary/30th birthday party and also their son's first birthday! We missed the cake smash {oh man!} but got to visit with all of our college friends, including some out of state. It was great to catch up and [hopefully] make some plans for a UP vacation next summer! Lastly, it was C's best friend and his fiancee's combined birthday/engagement party. C is the best man in there wedding, which is in August of 2015. It was great to see them, eat some delicious fruit loop cake and meet back up with some of my friends from out of town at a local bar in EL. We ended the night with some Panchero's, as you do in EL. Perfection.

2. Unfortunately, I was unable to get my crap together on Sunday to do anything productive. But sometimes, that's a high five anyway.

3. My brother is going through a reading phase right now and he ran out of books to read. Well, twist my arm and make me take him to the library. We spent a good hour at the library, where he found two books to read and I found 4 to add to my pile of 11. It's a problem and I'm okay with it.

4. A group of 4 of us bought tickets to an Andrew McMahon concert in Chicago on Halloween. I'm SO excited to go and see him with C {for like the 5th time} and also with S & R who are big fans as well. So a long weekend in the city, yes please!

5. The weather on Wednesday was nearly fall-like. It was 70 degrees out around 7 pm, C and I decided to go for a walk. It was absolutely perfect, now I can't wait for fall -- tailgates, spiced pumpkin lattes, football games and hoodies. 

I was super bad about taking photos of the things I did this week, and for that I apologize. Have a great weekend, and see you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment