Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pure Michigan Travel | DTE Energy Music Theatre

 So, many months ago my fiancé  bought tickets off of Groupon for the Monumentour, with Fall Out Boy and Paramore. I have seen Fall Out Boy at least 6 times, and have not seen Paramore so I was stoked when he told me he purchased them. 

I asked the basic questions- when, where, etc. When he told me that they were playing at DTE Energy Music Theatre in July, I was even more excited! DTE is an outdoor amphitheater in Clarkston, Mi.


 
The theater is a decent size, the pavilion seats about 7200 and the lawn seats about 8000. We had lawn tickets, and we just brought a blanket and laid back to enjoy a beautiful night of live music.


DTE launches each concert season over Memorial Day weekend with Eddie Money (who I have actually seen in concert!) and ends the season in late September/October. They have recently done a bunch of upgrades -- including new signage, new audio system and more food and drink selections.


We were there on a gorgeous and cool July night. It had rained super hard in the morning, but by concert time it was clear skies.


The lawn was packed, it was amazing. I enjoy sitting on the lawn cause you have more room to spread out, move around, etc. I am so thankful it was not a hot night, I actually had to put on a sweatshirt once the sun went down--which is the perfect summer night, in my opinion. It was an absolutely fantastic experience! Plus, I went to the bathroom twice and never had to wait more than 5 minutes - priorities, am I right?


I plan on writing a post about the concert itself - it should be live next week! How do you guys feel about outdoor concerts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment