Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Life | July Favorites

Here are the things I was in love with in July 2014, I think all of them are actually "beauty" related, which is kind of weird. But alas, here we are!


I love this nail polish remover! It is a polish remover, nail cleaner and nail prep all in one bottle. It also has a pump style dispenser, which is super handy. It does have mild acetone, but it is still nourishing for the nails. It smells pretty good too, none of that crazy harsh nail polish remover smell that gives you a headache and stinks up your house for days.  I usually purchase this on Birchbox, since it's expensive for a polish remover, I use points on it and it feels free!

Now my usual hairstyle is a ponytail or topknot, especially in the summer. But, if I do my hair, I straighten it. My hair is pretty straight to begin with, but since I usually sleep on it wet (I loathe blow drying it with all the fire of a thousand suns), it will get kinks and waves in it. I found this mist, and it a heat protector AND aides in holding in the straightness. It has argan oil to help protect the hair from the heat of the flat iron, while sealing in the smoothness so your hair lays nice and straight. I have only used it a few times since purchasing, but I love it! Maybe it means I'll do my hair more often...

I love this stuff. I am pretty sure I have owned everything in the lavender scent from BBW, it is my favorite. Now, I enjoy spraying my hair and body with this mist right before I get into bed. I breathe deeply and can literally feel myself relaxing and calming down for sleep. C dislikes the smell of this, so I don't use it as often as I would if he liked it. But after a stressful day, I will spritz it and feel better.

This is another Birchbox purchase. I was in need (or want, whatever) of a heavy duty lip moisturizer to slather on at night before I went to sleep. I absolutely love this stuff for doing just that. I keep it in my nightstand, and once I crawl into bed I apply a thick layer on my lips and when I wake up my lips are soft and ready for the day. It is very soothing for my cracked, dry lips in the wintertime as well. Since I have been spending so much time in the sun lately, this has been perfect my dried out lips this summer.

I am LOVING this color recently. It's a bright and fun "tropical aqua" according to the website. It goes with everything and is so fun for the summertime. I wore this one a lot a few years ago and just rediscovered it again!

So those are my top 5 items that I was loving in the month of July! Hope your July was fantastic and let me know if you've tried any of these products and what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment