Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pure Michigan Travel | Short's Brewing Company

When you're in northern (western) Michigan and it's a dreary day on the lake, cold...drizzling...not much to do, I suggest you take a jaunt to Bellaire, Michigan and visit Short's Brewing Company.



I had never been before, but I am a huge lover of Short's Soft Parade [Yum]. Short's is owned by Joe and Leah Short, who are still very much involved in the continually growing beer brand. If you're interested in the story of Short's, and how they came to fruition, read it here!

Now we visited the Pub, not the production facility. The place was jam packed, but we managed to snag some bus bench seats at the front of the place near the big windows over looking the quaint streets of Bellaire. 

We each ordered a flight, you pick 5 beers, you get little sample tastes of each of the 5 beers you selected for $10. It's a deal. My choices were:

I liked the idea of this beer, but...it was definitely a very herby taste and much darker than my usual preference. It had a very strong aftertaste, and I couldn't even finish my sample. *hangs head in shame*
This beer has a very distinct scent, which is not pleasant. But it tastes delicious. It was fruity, with zesty orange and mango aromas. 
This is one of my all time favorite beers. It has puree of raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and it is very fruity but not super sweet. This beer was created to appeal to wine drinkers!
In case you haven't noticed, I like fruity beers. So with the word peach in it, I was intrigued. This beer definitely has an earthy tone to it, and I didn't love it. It was a bit too earthy and heavy for my liking, not enough peach goodness.
This is a summery type beach beer to me, kind of like a bud light lime or corona's...but fancier and crisper. It is brewed with real lime, and has a great tartness to it. I really enjoyed this beer. 


I love Short's even more now, and will continue to support their growth within Michigan! Pure Michigan baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment