Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 2014 Birchbox Review

Welcome back to another Birchbox review! If you are interested in joining Birchbox, visit this link. These posts are my favorite to write, and I hope you enjoy reading them. There are some good products that I am excited to try this month, so let's get to it.



This product is apparently supposed to use fruit stem cells to improve elasticity and enhance skin tone. You're supposed to apply this product before moisturizer, twice a day. But let's be real for a minute, I doubt that the sample will be enough to tell if my face elasticity improves and I'm sure as heck not going to spend $75 to spread fruit stem cells all over my face. I like the idea of Juice Beauty, because it's all organic and very natural, but the prices can be a bit more than I want to spend and some of the products smell funky. But I will use the sample, and it smells like fruit pebbles...so that's good. Now if only I wanted to spend $75 on a full size...

This lotion (oh excuse me, body creme) is infused with sicilian lemon, spanish mandarin botanicals and shea butter. So it smells very citrusy and is super hydrating. The smell is not overpowering, but I like fruit scents. The lotion comes out orange, which was scary to me at first, but it blends right in and soaks right into the skin. It doesn't leave any of the sticky or shiny aftermath that I dislike in a lotion, er body creme. The sample size is perfect to throw into my travel bag for Up North or keep in my purse.

Once again, the silly little packets of doom! This product is apparently 100% natural and is a foaming cleanser with aloe to hydrate and green tea to nourish the skin. I'm not sure what it smells likes, but the words honey cream are on the packet, along with gingerade...so it sounds promising.
Update: OMGreat smelling products. This smells SO good. Good enough, I am considering purchasing it.

This nail polish is a gorgeous metallic lavender, that is apparently exclusive to Birchbox. I enjoy the RUFFIAN brand but I only own the samples I have received in my Birchboxes, but I love them all; the colors, the wear, the application, etc. I can't wait to use it!

I always like idea of these towelettes, but I usually need more than one to take the polish off all my fingers and all my toes. I will definitely use the one in my travel bag, but beyond that I don't really see the use in them for myself.

I don't use eyebrow pencils, so this will be an interesting one. I think I may give it a shot, but this color is actually a bit too dark for me. It's a pretty dark brown color, and my eyebrows are more of a light brown. Either way, I will give it whirl. When I swatched it on my hand it seemed to glide on very smoothly and is even a little bit buttery, I would say. Maybe this will convert me, who knows?!
**I have tried it since I wrote this, and it is a little bit too dark for my brows. But, I enjoyed filling it some of the lighter areas and blending it together -- I will have to keep practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment