Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Moisturizer Madness

I was looking through my skincare stuff the other day and I realized I have quite a few moisturizers. I am always on the search for my "perfect" moisturizer, and I have yet to find one that covers all the different ways that my skin is irritating. But I have found 5 that I love and that I use based on however my face is feeling that particular day.

 

I received this in my June Birchbox and have been using it nearly every single night since. The sample size has lasted me quite a long time, but a full size will run you about $27. I enjoy using the moisturizer at night because it does leave my skin looking a little oily and shiny. This moisturizer is one I use when my skin is very irritated and breaking out because it definitely helps soothe and heal that mess. It smells like nothing, which is a nice change. I am not sure if I will purchase a full size, but I do really enjoy it so some Birchbox points may be getting cashed in for this one. It also has a pump dispenser, which I LOVE. I am a fan of the pump. yup. went there.

Let's get personal for a moment. I have these two red spots that appear on my chin, right under my lips. They do not hurt, they do not itch but they are unsightly. They can be a little flaky, like dry skin, so I have tried different types of moisturizers on those spots and nothing has worked. Until this. I bought this on a whim at Target in Jacksonville, Florida for $7.99 and IT WORKS. I apply it only to those gross spots, and moisturize the rest of my face as normal. The red spots have diminished and I hope they stay away. This also has the beautiful pump dispenser. I have used it every single day for almost a month now and I still have TONS left. It's definitely great bang for your buck!

Another pump dispenser for the win! This is the Target brand moisturizer so it costs like $4 and I had a coupon for it...so I bought it. It smells kind of like sunscreen, which is both delightful and annoying. There really is nothing super special about this moisturizer, it makes my skin soft and not oily and it is a great everyday moisturizer. I use this one in the morning after I wash my face, let it soak in before I apply my makeup, or just rub it in and go!

This is my holy grail of moisturizers, especially when my skin is going crazy. I will apply this after washing my face at night and in the morning -- boom! Magic! This product costs about $19, but The Body Shop has coupons or BOGOs all. the. time. Now, to be honest, the tea tree smell can be a bit much. I enjoy it in the lotion, but in the facial cleanser -- it is not a pleasant scent. That is the only kind of bad thing I have to say about this moisturizer. PLUS, pump dispenser! yes!

I bought this like 3 months ago, when my skin was in great shape and I wanted to try something new and gel-like. I got this for about $8 at Wal-Mart and absolutely adored it for like a week, and then my skin broke out (unrelated to the moisturizer) and I had to bust out the big guns. I have fallen back in love with it again, and it smells SO GOOD. Kind of like grapefruits and summer and puppies (not really puppies). I feel like gel-cream formulas absorb super fast and I love that, especially in the summer. This is the ONLY moisturizer featured that is in a jar, and it is a glass jar, and it makes me feel fancy.

So those are my top moisturizers of the moment, what are you guys using right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment